This wireless switch has the ability to manage its own Z-Wave network (if it is configured as primary controller) and to control devices such as sockets, window blinds, dimmer, lights, electronic door locks and many more in this way.
The wireless wall controller can be used both as primary and secondary controller (integrated into an existing Z-Wave network). These modes are activated with the first configuration action after factory default:
- Pushing Button 1 for one sec. (red/green blink) adds the controller to an existing network as secondary controller.
> The four buttons will send activate 4 different scenes in the central gateway (Central Scene Command)*
- Pushing Button 3 for one sec. (green blink) adds a new Z-Wave actuator device to the controller who becomes the primary controller of this new network.
> The wall controller can even control devices without a central controller and will become primary controller of an own Z-Wave network. The connected new device (actuator) can be controlled using the two buttons left (Button 1 = up/on/open, Button 3 = down/off/closed)
* For this a Z-Wave control center is required. In an existing Z-Wave network the wall controller is able to control up to 4 different scenes. Thus the wall controller will become a secondary controller.
After the first action you can further manage (add/remove more devices when primary; wakeup; reset to default) and configure the wall controller using the management mode. To activate this management mode push all four buttons for one second simultaneously (green blinks fast). The buttons will have different functions then.
During inclusion process the wireless switch checks the new device’s functions (switch, dim,…) and assigns the correct functions to its buttons automatically. The switch is able to distinguish single and double click triggering appropriate functions.
The device is battery-operated and can be mounted on every flat and dry surface. Third party branded mounting frames can replace the optional frame (e.g. ZME_DW7) to complement existing switch designs compatible to ‘System 55’:
- Berker (S.1, B.1, B.3, B.7 Glass),
- GIRA (System 55, Standard 55, E2, E22, Event, Esprit),
- Merten (1-M, Atelier-M, M-Smart, M-Arc, M-Star, M-Plan),
- Schneider Electric Exxact,
- Jung (A 500, AS 500, A plus, A creation)
- Kopp HK07
- As simple as an ordinary light switch – but more versatile
- Supports Security / secured connection
- 4 buttons can be assigned free (as single buttons or button pairs)
- Optimized energy management for longer battery life
- Suitable frame and rocker switch: ZWE_DW7